The International Symposium “Towards a Transatlantic E-Mobility Market (Vehicles and grids of the future)” was organized on the 28th -29th October 2015 in Ispra, Italy, with the main objective of bringing together key stakeholders, to discuss key aspects related to interoperability and concrete actions to pave the road towards an e-mobility market.
Industry, policy makers, regulators, standardization bodies, research organizations and academic institutions discussed the following topics:
• State-of-the-art and trends of technologies on both the vehicles and grid side (vehicles, batteries and other components, interoperability, grids and electric systems etc.)
• Market perspectives and policy initiatives to promote electrification of transport
• Research challenges to be addressed at international level on alternative fuels and transport decarbonisation
• Barriers to the deployment of e-mobility and ways to overcome them
• Future international collaboration on key e-sectors and to foster common interoperability standards
Batteries2020 project was presented through the EUROBAT Executive Director, Alfons Westgeest, who gave a presentation at SESSION VI - The EU-USA collaboration on e-mobility: views from the stakeholders (JRC Auditorium, Building 58c)